Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Phase II Experience

1. The most challenging part of my Phase II experience was definitely the tail end. In addition to having to say goodbye to all of my DOTCOM friends, I also experienced a small share of the conflict that Armenians and Azeris have to deal with every day of their lives. All the research I did, and all the Phase I preparation we did as a group, did NOT prepare me for the events that transpired (without getting into any specifics) on that last day.
2. The most rewarding moment I had during all of phase II was the film festival, when I got to watch as all our hard work finally came to fruition. One particular moment in my movie (which I'm not sure I'm at liberty to discuss) proved to me, and hopefully to all 29 other DOTCOMers, that what we did in Waitsfield, and the spirit of friendship and companionship we worked so hard to try and foster, was not all for naught.
3. Apart from the actual making of the films, the most fun I had during phase II was my first free day in Waitsfield. Hanging out with Ana's cool Vermon'er friends, (including the infamous, "Put'n'Roll"), hitching a ride on the Metraux, and geocatching with Niko, created memories that will last my entire lifetime.
4. I can't wait to reconnect with my DOTCOMer amigos, and learn how they are working, through their social action projects, to make a difference in their respective communities.

My Phase II Experience: Part Deaux - My DOTCOM Photo Album
COMING SOON

1 comment:

  1. Excellent reflections here, Jacob.

    Your OIL film is one of the most compelling "shorts" I've seen by students, HS or college. You should be very proud.

    IMPORTANT QUESTION - How is "Lenin the Rubber Chicken" holding up?

    Let me know,

    W

    ReplyDelete